Date(s) - 06/19/2014
4:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Category(ies) No Categories
… an antiques and collectibles appraisal event featuring author and antiques expert Mark F. Moran of Iola, Wis.
Pre-registration is required and slots are limited. Cost is FREE -Reservations accepted beginning mid May 715-234-4861 x18
Once all all time slots are booked, a wait list is available in the event that someone cancels, fails to show, or
Formerly senior editor of Antiques and Collectibles Books for Krause Publications in Iola, Wis., he has also been a contributing editor for Antique Trader magazine. He has served as editor of Antique Review East magazine; as producer of Atlantique City, an antique show held in Atlantic City, N.J.; and as editorial director of F+W Media’s Antiques Group.
He is the author or co-author of more than 25 books on antiques and collectibles, including three editions of the 800-page annual Warman’s Antiques & Collectibles.
Moran bought and sold antiques for more than 30 years, specializing in vintage folk art, Americana, and fine art. He has been active as an appraiser of antiques and fine art for more than 20 years.
Categories of objects for appraisal may include:
- Fine art, including paintings, drawings, prints and statuary.
- Furniture (usually smaller pieces are best).
- Ceramics, including figural pottery, vases, dishes, kitchenware and stoneware.
- Glassware, including lighting, marbles and souvenir items.
- Vintage photographs, including snapshots, tintypes, ambrotypes and daguerreotypes.
- Advertising, including posters, lithographed tin, paper and figural objects.
- Folk art, including carvings, quilts, weathervanes, windmill weights and “outsider” art.
- Assorted toys, including dolls (bisque, composition and plastic), windups and mechanical banks.
- Metalware, including iron, bronze, brass, pot metal, silver, silver plate.
- Clocks, including mantel, hanging and figural.
- Costume jewelry, including brooches, bracelets, earrings.
- Musical Instruments, including string, wind and reed instruments.
Excluded items: all weapons, including swords and knives (though folding knives with advertising are accepted); Nazi memorabilia; coins and paper money; fine jewelry, including precious gems; Beanie Babies.
Questions about objects not covered here can be submitted to Moran in advance to determine if they are appropriate. Suggested categories for advance inquiry include, but are not limited to: Oriental, Native American and other tribal objects (African, Oceanic); ancient artifacts (Egyptian and other early cultures); fossils and minerals; books; automotive items; nautical and military-related objects; sports memorabilia (including baseball cards); records; antique tools and technological objects (typewriters, cameras, assorted machinery or instruments for scientific measure, like sextants, telescopes, microscopes, etc.). When in doubt, email inquiry can often address this.
Opinions of value are informal, and may not be used for insurance or charitable donations, which require a certified appraisal.
Mark F. Moran Appraisals of Antiques & Fine Art
N7326 Maple Ridge Trail
Iola, Wis. 54945
Visit Moran’s website at markfmoran.com.
Moran’s books include:
- Antique Trader Guide to Oriental Antiques
- Antique Trader Furniture Price Guide
- Antique Trader Clock Guide
- Antique Trader Guide to Metalware
- Antique Trader Vintage Salt & Peppershakers
- Warman’s Antiques & Collectibles, 43rd Edition, 2010
- Warman’s Antiques & Collectibles, 44th Edition, 2011
- Warman’s Antiques & Collectibles, 45th Edition, 2012
- Warman’s Fenton Glass: Identification and Price Guide
- Warman’s Fenton Glass, Vol. 2
- Warman’s Guide to Majolica Pottery
- Warman’s Arts and Crafts Furniture
- Warman’s Country Antiques
- Warman’s Fiesta Ware: Identification and Price Guide
- Warman’s Companion, Fiesta Ware
- Warman’s Gas Station Collectibles
- Warman’s McCoy Pottery: Identification and Price Guide
- Warman’s Companion, McCoy Pottery
- Warman’s McCoy Pottery, Vol. 2
- Warman’s Red Wing Pottery: Identification and Price Guide
- Warman’s Roseville Pottery: Identification and Price Guide
- Warman’s Guide to Vintage Cookie Jars
- Warman’s Guide to Lalique Glass
- Warman’s Guide to Tobacco Antiques and Collectibles
- Warman’s Guide to Sterling Flatware
- Warman’s Guide to Dolls, Vintage to Modern